Iowans are spoiled. Because of the caucuses we have become accustomed to a lot of contact with candidates for office, especially candidates for President. This past election cycle was no exception. In looking through old photographs I found...
A picture with our President....
And a past President....
Our Governor (and my current boss!) Chet Culver...
Our Secretary of State and former First Lady....
And Governor Bill Richardson....
You might ask yourself why I am wearing the same purple shirt in each and every photo. I was working for the American Medical Association Voice for the Uninsured Campaign at the time, educating caucus goers about their proposal, attending events and passing out information. In doing that I talked to Barack Obama at the Iowa State Fair, ran into Bill Clinton at Starbucks and chatted with Hillary Clinton two days before the caucuses.
Like I said - spoiled!
2 comments:
VERY cool pictures! Not many people have a gallery like that. At least not many people I know!
Great pictures! 'Wish I could have been there with you!!
Post a Comment