Browsing a favorite website for some new recipes and some old favorites on the Food Network I have mapped out a dinner plan for the week that doesn't involve noodles and peas. I am wondering if committing it to writing will help keep me committed to the plan? The weather has remained warm, with highs in the low 80's - so I'm not quite ready to break out the crock pot. Soon enough, I'm sure...
Monday - Hot and sweet chicken drumsticks (not too spicy for my girls), green beans
Tuesday - Pork Chops alla Pizzaiola, mashed potatoes
Wednesday - Baked Lemon Pasta, broccoli
Thursday - Sandwiches (we've got tuna, PB and J, cheese), leftovers, Knorr's Parma Rosa
(....because I've figured out that if I buy/plan for four meals I never actually make four meals. Something always comes up.)
And for noshing... crostini with pea pesto, because we just can't not have any peas! I'm going to throw in some mint from our garden because it is begging to be used for something besides mojitos!
In all the hubbub over Meghan's birthday I didn't blog too much about Grandma Marilyn's visit. We enjoyed a quick visit from Grandma last weekend, in town to celebrate the birthday girl. Sunday we blew Amelia threw her nap to run errands in Des Moines. Amelia fell asleep on the way home - Grandma made the transfer into the house, settled on the couch to watch the Vikings and cuddle the baby. Two hours later....
There's just nothing like a sleeping baby....
1 comment:
Resting"with Amelia" is what I call "heavenly". What a busy and fun family! John, do you remember those YMCA swimming classes??
Post a Comment