Thursday, July 30, 2009

Noodles and Peas

A couple of years ago I was scrounging around for something to serve Ava for dinner (Amelia was still on the all liquid, all mama diet at the time) and pulled out some noodles, cooked them, tossed in some butter, parmesan cheese and some peas and a favorite go-to meal was born. Ava and Amelia probably eat noodles and peas once a week. John and I like to cook and we like to eat. But there is something about noodles and peas that is surprisingly comforting regardless of season or circumstance.

John is working late tonight and I haven't grocery shopped in more than a week. But we had noodles and peas and some mandarin oranges in the house and it was a particularly tasty dinner. The girls were especially peachy, as they are prone to be when it is just one of us in the house. I just tucked them in all clean and warm after bath, book and some cuddles. I do believe it is time for some mint chocolate chip ice cream and trashy television since I get the remote all to myself this evening....













1 comment:

Hilary said...

I love it! I'll have to try some noodles and peas myself sometime!