Sunday, December 13, 2009

Smug, v 2

So I am feeling particularly resourceful right now... Knowing we have a busy week coming up, knowing it is the season for conserving resources I took to our deep freeze contemplating what to serve for dinner tomorrow night. (Tonight is a Thanksgiving redux thanks to some freezer shopping and John's creativity.)

Here's the recipe concocted from existing resources:

3/4 of a pound (or so) of Rigatoni's (cooked very, very al dente)

a couple of small tupperware containers of various tomatoes (whole, diced and a can of crushed)

half an onion

3 cloves of garlic

half a ball of fresh mozzarella

some leftover fresh basil, chopped

a dozen or so fully cooked meatballs labeled 10/17 (hopefully from this year - I am pretty sure they are)

Some parmesan cheese

A sprinkle of white wine vinegar (I made bolognese sauce a month or so ago and it called for 2T of white wine vinegar. I loved the tang it gave the sauce.)

I threw it all in a casserole dish, ready to pop in the oven when we get home from work tomorrow. I hope it is good!










1 comment: