Thursday, September 13, 2012

Homecoming

There are many things I like about living in a (small-ish) town. Tonight was the Homecoming parade, so I loaded up the girls, Jessica, and Orbit to head to the square to partake of the festivities.  We saw a bunch of people we knew, Orbit was quite the parade candy magnet, the girls had a ball and we were in and out of there when it was over with no parking or traffic hassles. 

I've been in Washington, DC the past few days for work, soaking in the urban bustle and the special place that is Washington, DC.  Tonight I soaked in a different feeling and was reminded again of my good fortune.  The girls are outside playing frisbee with their friends right now, wringing every last drop of daylight from this lovely day.  Evenings like this make me feel good about our choice to settle in this community - watching all the kids in the Homecoming parade, watching all the parents and spectators show up to support them. It all makes me a little wistful for how quickly time is passing.  Before I know it Ava  and then Amelia will be riding the Homecoming float for dance or Science club or cross country..... 

The girlies on the law on of the square, waiting for the parade.....



Sisters....

I totally love how Amelia photo-bombed Ava (who's a little bit behind her) with a big jump in this picture....



No comments: