Until this week Central Iowa had experienced the record for longest number of consecutive days without an accumulation of snow. A slow moving, but highly predictable storm made its way into our great state overnight Wednesday. Because the storm was slow moving and highly predictable we were all pretty sure Thursday would be a snow day. I packed up work to do from home and did not plan to wake the girls up Thursday morning.
It was one of those times where I didn't realize how much we wanted/needed a good, shut down everything snowstorm. Ava and Amelia painted nails.... Although this quickly devolved into some bickering about how neatly Ava was painting nails....
They played outside for hours in 20 degree temps and strong winds....
I made White Chocolate Raspberry Almond Bars for the girls to take to their teachers (along with a little gift from Eden) the next day....
Nobody loves a good home day more than the pooches....
As it turns out we got a jump on our holiday break when they cancelled school again on Friday. (Apparently a number of schools had power outages due to the storm). The girls spent the day with Grandma Jo (on her birthday!) while John and I finished up work projects. And, bonus! We have a whole pan of White Chocolate Raspberry Almond Bars!
No comments:
Post a Comment