Sunday, November 24, 2013

Celebrating a Very Good Day

Yesterday was quite a day.  The girls had their second YMCA swim meet - and the first home meet in our new Y. Compared to last week, there were about half as many swimmers at the meet and being so close to home made everything run a little smoother.  Again I was so proud of how hard the girls worked and I just love watching them swim.  We had time improvements and a couple of disqualifications.  They are learning so much and getting so much from this program.

Amelia (in the bright pink cap) getting instruction from Coach Tiffany (one of my good running friends)....


Amelia, on high alert - ready for her Freestyle Relay event.  As it turns out, swimming just 25 meters of the relay wasn't enough for our Mimi, oh no! She swam her leg, then chased the anchor down the pool, putting in a 50 instead.  Shockingly, that wasn't one of the disqualifications and Amelia's team got 3rd place in the relay.


Ava Jane, on deck, waiting for her relay to start!


 Home meets require a lot of parent volunteers, so John and I each had jobs on the second, four hour shift.  He ran the DQ notices to the coaches and I was a timer. When the meet finally wrapped up around 5:00pm we raced everyone home so we could change clothes and head out to dinner to celebrate our 13 year wedding anniversary. This year we decided instead of having our usual date night we would take our whole family to dinner at Centro.

Meghan tried to take a picture of me and John and the littliest decided to hop in with some bunny ears....








Miss Amelia, who was very well behaved at the fancy restaurant after spending all day at a swim meet, still needed some silliness outlets.  Bunny ears and posing for Meghan in her dad's glasses did the trick...



Here we go - 13 years... this time with no bunny ears!


Our server brought us raspberry creme brule to help us finish the meal and celebrate.  Not totally sure why there was a candle, but we blew it out together and made a wish....


 John and I both had lumps in our throat when we told each other what we wished for....  What I know for sure is that I couldn't love these people, this family any more.


No comments: