For me, there's something about a race t-shirt.... I like to run races for lots and lots of reasons, but a race with a good t-shirt, icing on the cake. John and I are running the Leprechaun Chase next month in part because it comes with a good shirt. But what makes a race shirt good isn't always the shirt itself.... It's the reminder of a personal best, the sense of accomplishment, the fun weekend...
Ava and Amelia already understand this at their young age. Ava has worn her Sectional Swim Meet t-shirt every.single.day since Sunday. I have washed it twice. She's so proud of that state qualifier!
Amelia is also routinely sporting her Sectionals t-shirt. She was one of very few 6 year olds to participate and our competitive girl loved the intensity of that event. Almost as much as she likes to binge watch "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" on what used to be my iPad.
In the working from home files.... yesterday our neighbors dogs got out and were romping through our backyard. I thought Orbit was going to lose his mind. He was making growling noises I've never heard. He SOUNDED ferocious.... This went on for 20 minutes or so until the neighbors could successfully round up their hounds. All that work, protecting our home and his people really tuckers a pup out....

No comments:
Post a Comment