Monday, February 17, 2014

My People

The girls have been off school for the last week and half, first for conferences, then for their February school break.  With a new work from home schedule the obligation juggling was difficult for me.  My parents took Ava and Amelia to visit their cousins Alivia and Anjeli (and their parents, of course) in Minnesota on Thursday, then John met them and drove them on to South Dakota to visit Grandma Marilyn and the Petersens Friday and Saturday.

I'm not going to lie, the break was really nice.  John and I had a pre-Valentines date night on Thursday that was just so lovely. Friday night I cooked for my parents, Saturday I had TWO indulgent meals, breakfast at Mullets with a good friend and dinner out on Saturday night with some of my running friends. I watched seven episodes of "House of Cards" I tidied the house, did some laundry, did my long run.  Things stayed where I put them. It was so quiet. I slept past 7:00am two mornings in a row. 

Last night my excited, over tired, road weary people arrived home.  The girls were a little fussy, John didn't feel very well.  It was loud, the house was a mess in about 7.2 seconds.  There's quite a bit of laundry to be done. But I couldn't be any more grateful to have my people home, where they belong.  As nice as the break was for me (and it really was) I was lonely without them.

Photo courtesy of Grandma Marilyn.... taken at Valentines dinner in South Dakota Friday night....


No comments: