Apparently round 'em posts are the way I roll lately. We are enjoying all the fun things we get to do lately and I marveling up much the girls are growing up and changing. I remember when I got a cell phone that had a camera on it - a crummy, fuzzy camera - probably about nine years ago. I remember telling John how crazy I thought it was - who would ever use this? Why is this necessary in life? Now I pretty much use my cell phone camera exclusively and love the ability it gives to capture things that would have probably gone unphotographed five or six years ago.
Last week was HOMECOMING week for the girls. We've celebrated Homecoming before (see here and here) but since the girls have changed schools and are both in town, connected to the high school, homecoming became a much.bigger.deal. Spirit week! With theme days! And this year they got to ride on the swim team parade float. They were beside themselves.
I think it is really nice how the town shows up to watch these kids for the parade. So many activities are represented and everyone gets cheered.
Amelia, throwing some candy with her team....
Ava - posing with a friend!
Amelia is never more thrilled than when she is included with the big kids! Selfie-style!
Friday night was the game - I took the girls, leaving John home to mow the lawn and enjoy the quiet. I sat with a friend (Coach Tiffany!!!!) while the girls roamed around with their friends. Amelia landing long enough to take a picture....
Ava in the now familiar Middle School selfie pose!
We were up and out Saturday morning on a quick trip to Minneapolis for my cousin Mike's wedding. Mike and Amanda are a lovely couple and seem really well suited. They had their wedding and reception in The Soap Factory, a non-traditional, but still totally lovely venue. Mike and Amanda are both finishing the last cycle of their Ph.Ds in psychology. Their wedding had a very happy and relaxed vibe - like they were glad to be married, glad to have a party, but not the least bit wound up about the usual wedding trappings.
I will tell you, there is no more fun party guest at a wedding than Ava and Amelia Moorlach. They rule the dance floor with their energy and excitement.... Brief pause in the dancing for a selfie by Ava.... duck lips and all.
The Waltons-Moorlachs-Tolberts showed up in force to celebrate!
Cuddling with the girlies.... Not a super flattering picture, but really love them so much...
With my handsome date....









No comments:
Post a Comment