Saturday, October 12, 2013

Friday Night Football

Friday night was the Homecoming football game and it felt like the whole town was buzzing about it. It is one of the advantages of living in a smaller community that I really enjoy. My girls have seized on going to the Homecoming parade/game as a family tradition and it was fun for me to honor that tradition with them.

Ava's friend Jessica joined us for pizza at the Brickhouse before the game.  These two girls are such besties....


We got to the game and the girls spent much of the evening kind of orbiting around me.  I sat down in the stands in a spot that was easy for them to find me and they ran around with their friends, coming back to find me for money and to check in...  a little glimpse into our pre-teen years that are fast approaching.

During one of Amelia's landing times I grabbed her for a quick picture....


The football game was an absolutely blow out and the girls gobbled up the half time show that included performances by the dance team, presentation of the Homecoming court and the marching band. It all left me feeling sort of sentimental for how quickly time passes, knowing that I will blink and be watching them march or dance (or whatever activity they choose) with all the high school angst that accompanies those years.

No comments: