Ava is so full of milestones this week I hardly know what to do with myself. Today Ava is six years old. The day she was born is so vividly etched in my memory, I look at her today and I can scarcely believe six years have passed. I am full of nostalgia for the baby she was....

And so full of pride for the quirky, delightful person she has become....
Ava is such a kind hearted person. She is curious, relentless, stubborn and tender hearted. For her birthday meal she picked tacos (with crumbly, crumbly meat) and Grandma Jane made an angel food cake (with strawberries and chocolate sauce). One of my favorite things about Ava is the pleasure she takes in very simple pursuits. What she wants most is time with her family and time outside and tonight she reveled in her simple birthday celebration that involved plenty of both.
Tomorrow her favorite people arrive for the weekend and we will celebrate her birthday again Saturday with a larger family celebration, complete with a Hannah Montana cake and a the first dip of the year in Papa Ray and Grandma Jo's pool.
Six years in to parenting Ava and I still can't believe how lucky I am to be her mom. My heart is full.
As if turning six weren't enough excitement for one week, yesterday was Ava's last day of Kindergarten. She has had a great year, thriving under the attention of a beloved teacher - perhaps there has never been a more excited Kindergartner.
Here's Ava on her first day of school....
And her last.
No comments:
Post a Comment