Sunday, October 18, 2009

Breaking up is hard to do...

Ava and Amelia have been sharing a room for about a year. Have I mentioned that Amelia is a terrible sleeper? Her pediatrician thought a little company would help her soothe herself back to sleep when she wakes up in the night. It worked, to a certain extent, but we are now in the place where the cohabitation that soothes her back to sleep is her mom and dad - either our bed or one of us on her floor. Even though Ava remains a solid sleeper, the night time antics are starting to affect her, so we decided it was time to break this party up.

Since John was disassembling the crib anyway, we decided to move Amelia into a big girl bed. Last night the swap was on. John disassembled her crib, moved Ava's old bed into the other bedroom, moved Meghan's old bed up from the basement and put them all back together. (I washed the sheets - I got the better end of the deal to be sure.) The verdict? Ava loves Meghan's sleigh bed, Amelia loves her big girl bed and when she woke up in the middle of the night at least John had a place to sleep when he went in to settle her down.

I realize that one day she will be a teenager and we'll be griping about how much she sleeps. In about 100 years....


1 comment:

Hilary said...

No more crib....a milestone, but kind of a sad one, too!