Thursday, May 27, 2010

Ava Jane

Tonight is the very last night Ava will be six. Tomorrow she turns seven. This evening she said:

"Do you ever get that feeling when you wake up in the morning that you are just so excited?"

That's my sweet girl. She is such a tender heart, a gracious spirit, an old soul.

Tomorrow I will pick her (and her sister) up early from school and we will head North for a quick visit to her very.favorite.people. John will stay behind to get some work done. We'll return Sunday afternoon to enjoy the rest of the weekend together.

I celebrate every day of the last seven years that I have been able to know the wonderful little creature that is my Ava. But I especially pause tonight, tomorrow, to reflect on how quickly the time has gone and how fortunate I am to be her mom.


No comments: