This week was dance concert week and oh what a week it was for our sweet Ava. Ava has danced for Richard at Foster-Powell for three years now (here's year one and year two). Recital week is an over the top affair - Tuesday night they rehearsed until late in the evening, followed by performances on the big stage at the Civic Center on Wednesday and Thursday.
There is a part of me that doesn't know quite what to do with the pageantry of it all. The costumes, the make up, the hair, the spectacle. But mostly I appreciate that these kids get the opportunity to have a really big deal made over the hard work they've done all year. I like the energy, the enthusiasm, the professionalism, the attention to detail. Every child is featured, everyone embraced.
Tradition has settled in over the past three years and John always goes to rehearsal night. Here's Ava rehearsing her 'Wizzard of Oz' number looking so tall, strong and grown up I can hardly stand it!
Between songs John took Ava to Splash for the second part of their tradition associated with the dance concert - a fancy dinner. Here Ava tastes her first oyster. (She had three and loved them)
Ava behind the zoo bars, dressed as a fancy zebra rehearsing 'Oh Yeah.' Notice the gloves/hooves?
We get our Saturday mornings back for awhile now - until August when dance school starts up again.

2 comments:
BEAUTIFUL!!!!! How proud we all are! Yes, she is getting tall; growing before our eyes!
I love you, Ava! AND, the rest of the family, also!
A girl after my own heart! I danced all through high school and wished I had started earlier in life. What a fun tradition for John and her to have a special meal out during recital week.
Post a Comment