It is dance recital week! I am torn on this.... One part of me feels like it is all just a little too much. Too over the top. But more of me likes the big fuss that is made of these young people who practice so hard for this. I like the commitment to detail, the energy, the enthusiasm, even if means a week organized around this performance. Foster/Powell studio puts on a remarkable show and, most importantly, Ava loves it.
This year's performance was a big change from last year. Starting with the fact that Ava actually knew and performed the whole routine both times she was on stage (including moving a classmate who was in the wrong place). But most importantly she beamed through the whole thing. A wide joyful smile. When I told her that was my very favorite part she said 'dancing makes me happy.'
Here she is before the show with Richard! Richard! Her teacher, who she loves.
With Bill, Annie and Olivia....
Papa Ray and Grandma Jo...
It has been a very busy week. Dress rehearsal, two performances, a visit from Grandma Marilyn and tomorrow we are off for a much anticipated week's vacation. Ava wanted to watch the second act of the recital this evening, but about halfway through she started to unravel. Off we went - once she was settled in the car, she chattered the whole way home about how when she was big she would dance on her toes. All I kept thinking about were the performances of the older girls, tall, graceful, strong. Who know if dancing will hold her interest, but I could visualize her as a teenager, tall, graceful and strong. And happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment