The first part of the week was a whirlwind here at the Walto-lach house. I spent a few days in Washington, DC at a conference and John headed out to Milwaukee for depositions. With Papa Ray and Grandma Jo's help the girlies barely noticed all that was going on. In the midst of the travel and activity Ava finished 1st grade and started her 6 week summer break.
To say that Ava has grown and blossomed this year would be a colossal understatement. With the skill and kindness of her 1st grade teacher, Mrs. Jones, Ava is reading, writing, doing Math problems and indulging her natural curiousness. We couldn't be more pleased, more grateful or more proud.
Back from DC I've taken a few days off to reconnect with my girls. John, back from Milwaukee has joined us. We've been to the aquatic center twice with plans to go back today or tomorrow. Yesterday John and I took Ava and a friend to Adventureland and watched in wonder as Ava fearlessly rode nearly every ride in the park. The demands of work tug at both of us and our conversations drift to the importance of better balance.
At home, the girls have spent hours on the deck concocting their 'potion' made up of water from the hose, soap, bits of grass and herbs from our garden. I would bottle these days if I could. However, I would not bottle the potion!
No comments:
Post a Comment