The first balloon set down about a half a block from our house.







Ava was beside herself with excitement and climbed right into the basket with the pilot and some friends.
Amelia, not so much.
Our neighbors poured out of their houses to take in the scene. One dad said to John, 'aren't we lucky to live here?' John's response, "yes, this is much better than mountains or an ocean."
Eventually Amelia settled down and explored the deflating balloon with her friends Remey and Grace.
Here's the second balloon landing right in front of our house.
The view from our porch.
No mountains, no beach, but quite a neighborhood event.
1 comment:
While I agree it doesn't top mountains or the ocean, it would be a pretty cool sight to see, and the kids clearly are amazed by it! Someday I think I'd like to go up in a balloon!
Post a Comment