Fall in Iowa is so unpredictable. Today was the Covered Bridge Festival Parade and the Moorlach girls plus Jessica volunteered with Staci Appel's campaign. It was 85 degrees and gorgeous. Last year at the Covered Bridge Festival they had 2 inches of snow. Same weekend.
Ava, Jessica and Olivia were among the most committed, energetic volunteers of the afternoon - distributing candy, waving to the crowd and busting into some dance moves when everyone else was wilting in the sun.
Taking her candy distribution duties very serious, Ava ran alongside the route handing candy to everyone.
The girlies....
So yeah, Amelia didn't love the parade. A marching band was directly in front of us (too loud), the float was a hay rack pulled by a noisy tractor. There were a lot of people - looking at her, waving to her, talking to her. Too much for our Baby Boo. She clutched my hand tight the entire time and stuck close to my leg. Here I managed to take a small step away from her so I could take her picture. She walked the whole route with us - probably about 2 miles - because she would steadfastly not go anywhere near the hay rack. Oh, and she didn't take a nap today. (Right now she is upstairs starting bath about to collapse into a puddle of despair. Oh this stage of dropping the nap is rough.)
Sunday dinner was at my folks house this evening as we prepare to bid my brother Marc good-bye as he heads off on a six month assignment with the Peace Corps. We wish him safe travels and applaud his service even as we prepare for his absence and try to quiet any concern for his safety.
Because its Sunday I still had to cook. So I made these. It was my second time through the recipe and these rolls are so! good! Time consuming only in the fact that they have to rise. Twice. Next time I will make a double recipe though - they vanished at dinner tonight!
1 comment:
The close-up shot of the 3 girls is so cute! Those rolls looks amazing....I think this 37 week pregnant gal is having some major carb cravings right now!
Post a Comment