Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Adventurers

I've been away for a couple of days on work related travel. I'm in a season of heightened professional activity, scrutiny, anxiety, but somehow in the midst of it I got to go to Washington, DC and sit with a small group of smart, big deal people and talk about things I care about.

As always, John and the girls were troopers in my absence. Everyone (ok, mostly me) was a little bit wound up as we settled back into our normal routine this evening. Leave it to Ava to ponder a creative, funny activity in the midst of all of that. She took some new rope (ahem, excuse me LINE) John ordered for his boat, tied it to the upstairs banister, hooked it around her waist, then Amelia's, and began scaling the steps.

"Dad, I know about this because of the bouldering I've done."

Seriously, how did she know how to do this? It was silly, sweet, clever, funny... as if I needed reminding how good it is to be home.... I am again reminded of all the reasons why I would always rather be here than anywhere else.

























PS Don't you just love the red Kool-Aid mustaches?

1 comment:

Hilary said...

I just love it when they get so creative with the simplest of props!