It is perhaps a sad testament to how tightly scheduled our lives can be lately that John and I each breathed a sigh of relief when we realized Beggar's Night would be on a Saturday this year. It was so nice to be able to ease into the frenzy of trick or treating with our girls without having to juggle school and work on top of it.
This year Ava wanted to be Trixie the Halloween Fairy after a book she loves, but I find terribly tedious. Still, she looked adorable. Amelia wanted to be a Mermaid.
Our night began with a visit to Papa Ray and Grandma Jo's house (we intercepted Grandma Jo, hard at work at the campaign office on our way). Here the girls ding-dong the door bell as Papa Ray proudly proclaims his support for the Governor.
With Papa Ray on the deck. The girls were a bit dialed up even though they had only had one piece of candy each. Ava strikes a pose, Amelia makes a silly face....
Our next stop was a visit to Grandma Jane - the girls tearing down the sidewalk at her apartment.
With Grandma Jane....
Then we rushed home to trick or treat with their friends. Ava, with her very best friend Jessica the Vampire Bride....
Amelia with some of her posse - Remy and Sage. (Note Remy is also a mermaid. Coincidence? I think not.)
Our neighborhood was teaming with children on this gorgeous night. It was warm-ish, not windy and a weekend night to boot. We went through about 10 lbs of candy, but still have a bit leftover to nosh on - I mean take to work of course!
1 comment:
The girls look adorable in their costumes! I think Farmington needs to implement a Beggar's Night tradition....that would have been great this year!
Post a Comment