Monday, February 7, 2011

Not the least bit tired...

Yesterday I had the most fun, ordinary, busy day with the girls. Like most families, we cram a lot into our home days and Super Sunday was no exception. A good friend of ours has agreed to give the girls private swimming lessons. Both of the girls are pretty comfortable in the water, but are lacking the 'good form' part of swimming. The girls have been counting down the days to start swimming with Jessica. ("Jessica the very nice grown up, not Jessica my neighbor" -- Ava)

The first lessons went very well - both girls eager and open to learning and fairly responsive to trying new things. The only downside was the temperature in the pool was (supposedly) 82 degrees. Ok for Ava who kept moving enough to stay warm-ish, but poor little Amelia's lips turned blue after about 25 minutes in the water. I brought her out of the pool, wrapped her in warm dry towels to warm her back up - she went back into the water, but only lasted another 10 minutes before her teeth started to chatter. Do they make pint sized wet suits?

After swimming lessons we went to the gym really quick so I could learn how to use the sound system (my first Spinning class was this morning!!) then to the grocery store. At each stop the girls were extra peachy, charming, fun to be with.

Having blown Amelia through her nap, when we got home I asked her to lay down on the couch for a few minutes to rest. To which she responded, "I am NOT tired mama!" I gave her a binky, her blankie and she was out like a light in minutes....













We watched the Super Bowl at home eating this chicken (at Ava's request) with rice and green beans. Oh, and this fudge for dessert. The fudge is awesome - the chicken might be more trouble than it's worth, but it tastes pretty good.

1 comment:

Gma Marilyn said...

Sounds like a great day!! Wish I was there!! 'Always nice to see a sleeping child! Love, Gma