John was shopping last week and came across a paella pan on sale at Williams Sonoma. The paella pan got his creative cooking juices going and last night we had one of the most delicious and beautiful dinners I can remember. I should link the recipe he used, except I think he combined 2 or 3 to get to last night's dinner. Spanish rice, mussels, clams, another white fish, chirizo, chicken, a medley of peppers - it was divine.
We were joined in this feast around our new table by Papa Ray and Grandma Jo, plus first time guests Jay and Sarah. We can't wait to have them all back!

I made this pie from my favorite cooking blog, Annie's Eats. There were no fresh (or frozen) cranberries to be found so I substituted frozen cherries. It was fantastic if I do say so....
Deep in the night Ava woke up sick to her stomach and all that entails. Today she spent the day tucked into a nest with her Grandma Jo. A snow storm is baring down on us and we don't know what the week will bring. This lasagna is in the oven for Monday dinner(with some modifications, of course, subbed ground beef, added some spinach) as we settle in to be snowed in...
No comments:
Post a Comment