Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Only Wednesday?

The perfect storm of work obligations has taken over here at the Waltolach house.  I was gone all last week, John's work schedule is taking it's turn with this week. The weekend feels miles away tonight.

Today Ava had her culminating event on libraries.  She was in charge of the reference section, because she just loves books about facts.  Our dear friend Annie came to see this culminating event and Ava was beside herself with happiness to show all she and her classmates had learned.


It turned out to be another glorious day - far too beautiful for a late February.  The girls took Orbit for a nice long walk, rode bikes (Amelia went flying down the hill tailing Ava, Jessica and Hannah - no helmet - taking years off my life.  She is fearless on that bike.  Don't worry - I gave her a stern reminder about wearing her helmet every.single.time.)  The girls then sat on the porch making invitations for Orbit's birthday, which they have decided is February 24th.


I made an absolutely fantastic (if I do say so myself)  Sausage and Spinach risotto, which the girls ate precisely one bite and announced it was way too spicy (it wasn't). There aren't enough days of leftovers in front of me to polish off the quantity of risotto we now have tucked into our refrigerator.  The girls ate leftover pizza for dinner.


No comments: