Today was an achingly beautiful day. It is unseasonably warm, everything is starting to turn green. I did a short run this morning as the sun came up and the birds were signing so loudly I could hear them over my music. One of John's longest time friends paid a brief visit last night, punctuated by a round of golf for them today. While John golfed the girls and I puttered around the house, they played outside with friends and I finished the last of "The Hunger Games" books.
In the midst of this lovely Spring day we made a trip to Incredible Pizza to get an early start on celebrating Amelia's 5th birthday (Thursday). Incredible Pizza was the antithesis of this beautiful day. It was loud, crowded, overstimulating.... But Amelia's been talking about having a birthday party there since January. (You think I'm kidding - see here). So off we went, with several friends from the neighborhood to Incredible Pizza. Amelia was thrilled and the kids seemed to have a good time.
Amelia on one of the rides - looking so much older I can hardly stand it.....
The whole gang strikes a pose....
What I really wish I had a picture of is their filthy hands and feet after spending the rest of the evening playing outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment