Last night Ava went with her best friend Jessica to the Wilder Elementary Wild West Dance. Wilder is our neighborhood elementary school. We had a *tiny* twinge of worry that Ava might feel like an outsider at the party since she attends school in Des Moines. But she was so excited to dress up in her Western gear and go to the party we didn't hesitate to let her go.
Here's our sweet Ava, all countrified....
We sent her off to the party with $20 under orders to bring home change. She blew through the door two hours later covered in temporary tattoos and with $1 in change having had a blast at the dance. We asked if she knew people there.... "Oh yeah, I knew people from the neighborhood, from dance class, from church, from soccer. It was so much fun!" She's growing up so quickly right before our very eyes. But next time I will be more specific about how much change I expect to see from my $20!

2 comments:
Great fun for Ava! I love the picture of her! Love, Gma
I love it!
Post a Comment