At our house laundry is my job. I will freely admit I take this on willingly - I have very particular rules about how the laundry is done - I wouldn't expect anyone to be able to either understand or follow them. So laundry is my chore. Sometimes it is just so defeating. You are never, ever done with the laundry - right now I am wearing dirty clothes - it is not possible to ever be finished.
But this week the laundry totally got away from me.
Last Wednesday (yes, more than a week ago) I went to Cedar Rapids for a budget meeting. I was only gone overnight. But here in our bedroom sits my suitcase - with just a handful of clothes (plus the bag that held my workout clothes) sitting in it. I've walked around it, stubbed my toe on it as I leave in the dark for my early morning runs. But can I unpack it and put it away? Apparently not.
And over here we have our basket of clean clothes. Yes, I said clean clothes. These used to be folded neatly, just waiting to be put away. But during the last week we've rooted around in this basket looking for things, we've thrown things on top of that basket of clothes, but these clothes have not been put away.
And here is our hamper of dirty clothes, piled so high we are relying on the corner to keep the dirty clothes from spilling all over the floor.
It is time to get after it and restore some order. But really all I want to do is take the lead from Orbit, find a patch of sun and take a little snooze.
2 comments:
Would you feel better if I sent you the picture of the two ginormous baskets-turned-pyramids of clean, unfolded laundry sitting in my laundry room?
Ben prefers to shower in our bathroom, which means he likes to get dressed in our room. His dresser has become the floorspace beneath my ironing board. My ironing board has become the aircraft carrier for lego ships.
Post a Comment