Today in kind of a freaky weather day - temperatures hit the mid-70's. The wind has been blowing us around all day and there is a cold front on it's way in. Temperatures are expected to drop more than 30 degrees in the next 12 hours. We know we are surely enjoying the last of the warm air for 2012. Trying to soak it up the best we could Amelia and I hit the trail (she rode her bike, I ran) and then this afternoon we went to Howell's to see what kind of activities were available.
Howell's has been a bit of a tradition for our family, both in the Fall and at Christmas time for our Christmas tree. A few examples.... Fall 2008 and Fall 2009.... Fall 2011 and Winter 2011. This year I thought we might miss our Howell's trip. Grandma Jo took the girls to pick their pumpkins a couple of weeks ago, but I was so happy the weather opened a little window for us to head out there today.
Ava and Amelia, climbing the long log. I tried to get Amelia to show her face more, but she was insistent that she photo bomb. (Her new favorite photo opportunity). My goodness Ava is so tall!
The little girls, together atop the log.
They've added a new feature to Howell's - a quite well stocked pretend kitchen for making mud pies. They have dirt and rocks and corn husks and an actual oven. Two kitchen cupboards, a peg board filled with spoons and and sieves and rusted pans. The girls played in here for almost 45 minutes, so lost in their pretend play they looked startled when I asked to take their picture.... At one point Amelia came running over and said, "Mom, it's such a nice day, why are we they only people here?"
Besties....
The nicest, calmest farm cat followed the girls around the play area today. The girls named it Sunshine. Sunshine was very calm, purring and quite tolerant of being carried from place to place. Ava said she'd still rather have a dog, but this is a very nice cat.
And speaking of dogs.... any idea why Orbit gathers up his lovies and stacks them up by his food bowls?


No comments:
Post a Comment