Saturday, November 17, 2012

Living History Farms

Oh am I ever a creature of habit.  I grab on to nearly any opportunity to establish a routine, a ritual, a tradition. Three years ago I ran my first Living History Farms race with a few friends from my running group.  I had such a good time, but the whole time I was thinking, "this would be so much more fun with John."  So last year I talked John into running it with me last year and we both talked Brian and Hilary into making the trip to Iowa with their whole crew to join us. 

This year we signed up with Meghan and Lane (who had a work conflict and wasn't able to join us at the last minute) for Meghan's first go at LHF, my third and John's.... 10th?  In short, we had a ball.  Seven miles, eight creek crossings (even though the water was low due to the drought) and three pairs of muddy shoes in the garbage later and I am most satisfied with this end-of-the-running-season/pre-Thanksgiving tradition.

With my people, post race....


No comments: