Wednesday, May 1, 2013

California Dreamin'

Last weekend we were somewhat unexpectedly in California.  I know, how does a family from Iowa unexpectedly end up in California (minus John, who was tied up with work)?  My sister Annie was getting married in a temple in San Jose and my parent's generously made it possible for us to travel to the wedding on sort of short notice.

We had a long travel day on Thursday, capped off with a massive migraine headache overnight for me. My parents made an early morning run to the drug store and I loaded up on the pain relievers.  By the time we rolled out Friday for a trip  to visit Moss Landing I was feeling practically human again.  The beach was about 45 minutes South of San Jose (where we were staying) and the area is one my parents had explored and enjoyed during their visits to California.  Papa and Grandma were thrilled to show us a place that is special to them. 

The temperatures near the ocean were in the low 60's with a bit of a breeze, but the sun was bright and it was just a lovely day.  Giving my sweet Ava a squeeze on the beach.  (Yup - that's Papa's thumb in the shot!)


Watching my beach babies chase waves - it made my heart full....


Taking a break from finding shells to take a picture with their Papa....


Sisters!


After running around on the beach and working up an appetite we settled in on the patio at Phil's Fish Market.  It was quite a sight!  I took this picture of my lobster roll to send to John, wishing so much he was there with us.  And yes I did, in fact, eat every single bite of food on that plate. It was fantastic!



No comments: