Thursday, January 16, 2014

Coping with the Winter Blahs

For some reason this winter seems worse than any other….  The cold, the DARK, we're cooped up, sleeping more and generally trying to make our way to spring time. We're thankful for evening activities like swimming and baton that get the girls out of the house, get them some exercise and some social time.  Last night John and I declared a home night - what that meant is pretty much all of us dove into a screen in one form or another and stayed there until bed time.

Amelia tucked herself in under the table in our front room with my iPad and the first four episodes of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch."  "Mom! Mom!  The cat TALKS!"


Ava alternated music (1D, of course) and Rainbow Loom instructional videos on her iTouch. 


Tonight we're back at it with a swim meet, so I suppose the downtime/screen time served its purpose.  I think what we all really need is some sunshine and fresh air!

No comments: