Does it seem like there's a lot of anti-New Year's resolution energy out there? I like a new year, a chance to evaluate, to set goals and think about what a fresh set of days on the calendar might look like. My resolutions look like a significant personal best run at Grandma's Marathon in June, more yoga, much less diet Coke… Also, perhaps more difficult to articulate, is to be open to trying new things. I am such a homebody it is easy to default to staying put, staying in my routine. This year I want to push the boundaries of my comfort zone a little bit, try new things, schedule more time with my friends and family, travel a little bit with John and the girls…
This new year also brought a new professional opportunity for me. Part of my new job is the ability to work from home. I'm a little more than a week into it and this is mostly good stuff. I am experimenting with my schedule, with time management, even where physically in the house I work. I have an office in the basement, which is nice and feels good, but I've also enjoyed sitting at the kitchen counter or sitting at the table. I still have several days a week I suit up and head out, but balanced with the days I work in yoga pants it makes me feel very lucky.
I particularly enjoy visits from the best office mate, my sweet pup, who is tucked into the chair behind me in this picture….
Saturday night John and I celebrated my friend Nicole's wedding. It was a lovely party at West End Salvage and super fun to get dressed up and be out on the town with my handsome husband.


No comments:
Post a Comment