Monday, January 5, 2015

Ellen, Bo-bellen

We adopted Ellen from the Animal Rescue League last Spring.  Her prior owner was an elderly woman who had to move to a nursing home.  No one in her family was able to take Ellen so she was surrendered to the ARL. She was 6 when we got her and she's a pretty mellow pup - you certainly get the sense that she was pretty used to laying around snuggling with her owner, being fed and being adored.

Sunday morning we woke up and our house was 57 degrees. Our furnace needed to be reset and given that it was a cold day it took a little while for the house to warm up.  We turned on the gas fire place and Ellen found the warmest spot she could while the temperature righted itself....


Later that day I asked Amelia to tidy her room and put away her clean clothes.  When I went in to check on her this is what I found.  Ellen, laying like a person with her paws around Amelia's stuffed monkey - tucked into bed. 


No comments: