My birthday is in January, so I get two opportunities pretty close together to contemplate a new year, a new age. Things are, for the most part, pretty great. I really like the guy I'm married to and I know he digs me.... Meghan, Lane, Ava and Amelia are awesome. I have a great job that stretches me and gives me life balance. I am healthy, I've found some new ways to stay that way (CrossFit). I'm totally fine with being a crazy dog lady....
Setting New Year's resolutions, or intentions intentions for 2015 - my 43rd trip around the sun pretty much starts with - "do more of the same." But I do like the benchmark of a new year to try to be more intentional. I am enjoying being pushed by CrossFit and I want to get stronger and better at that. I want to do more yoga. And.... how do I say it? I want to have more fun... I am a major homebody. A creature of habit. A doer - a worker bee. I think I let fun things go by for home and work responsibilities when it really isn't always necessary.
So, 2015 - more bad ass, more fun.
So far this year I'm doing pretty well, 17 days in... I went to a cooking class on a Tuesday night (but what about swimming car pool? It's cold! My soft pants!) and had a great time with my friends from the Capitol. And in that spirit I decided to throw myself a birthday party last night with my running friends. We see each other quite a bit, but hardly ever all together and rarely out of running clothes. Everyone came to my house, I cooked and we ate and ate and drank so.much.wine. Seriously, 8 bottles of wine for 8 people. In fairness, we did hang out for more than 4 hours!
John made tiramisu for our dessert, which was fantastic. His phone took a hit though!
And somehow that is the only photo from the whole super fun night!
John, being the great guy he is, took the girls bowling so we could have a grown up, girls night in at my house. How cute are they?!
I know I've mentioned one of my unexpectedly favorite things about Ava having an iPhone is seeing the pictures she takes that drop into my photo stream. She takes a lot of pictures and they are very important to her. She got a new phone for Christmas and one of her big worries was that her photos wouldn't transfer. All 1200 of them. (They did).
This picture showed up in my photo stream yesterday. Love my girls and their mildly funky Converse style.



No comments:
Post a Comment