Sunday, January 4, 2015

Extended Family

I came into this holiday season feeling stretched thin. I'd had a lot of work and some personal travel in the weeks leading up to the girls' Winter Break... much of the planning for the season falls to me.... I wasn't enjoying it and honestly I wasn't particularly happy.

I was very fortunate to be able to take PTO for the girls' school break.  I did a little bit of work here and there, but mostly I have been off work since December 19th. By the time Christmas morning rolled around the knots I had tied myself into had loosened considerably. And now, in the last day before I head back to work I feel relaxed, content.... we've all had an awesome break.

We've gone to breakfast at one of our favorite spots, the Waveland Cafe, we welcomed my brother's son Raymond and celebrated Grandma Jo's birthday, we had a visit from Grandma Marilyn, we went ice skating, put the hurt on the all you can eat chicken dinner, we've had quiet hours at home, we've all had friends come over to eat and celebrate....

Last night we rounded out a great break with dinner at our dear friends Bill and Annie's house where we were reminded again how lucky we are that our family includes them.   I snapped a quick photo of everyone gathered around to play a game of Dirty Santa.... Even though we've taken down our tree and restored some order at our house this Christmas season has been the longest and best I can remember.


A very Merry Christmas 2014 - looking forward to all 2015 will offer.

No comments: