So tonight we spent the evening at my parent's house having a little BBQ and family send off for Marc as he prepares for his big adventure.
Fortunately my Grandma Jane was able to join us for dinner (shown here with Ava Jane) and we got to enjoy a beautiful evening outside. Unfortunately, the weather has been windy and kind of cool so we weren't able to enjoy the pool.
While we were out on the deck Amelia spotted a little pile of old leaves and spent quite a while sitting and playing with them, putting the leaves between her toes and crunching them between her fingers. It is sort of unusual for things to capture her attention this long. She is typically a busy, busy girl.
As we gather back in to our own house tonight John is bathing the girls and we are turning our attention to the upcoming week. I can't help but be nervous for Marc as he sets off on this journey that will no doubt be a defining time in his life. Nervous and envious for all he's about to see, do and experience. And I can't help but wonder what these girls will be in two years when he finds his way back home. Safe travels my brother!
1 comment:
Thanks for the link for the Gambia. I was guessing it was in Africa, but I wasn't sure.
We wish Marc all the best!
Post a Comment