Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Necessity

Ava is a kindergartner in the year round program which means, generally speaking, she attends classes for nine weeks, then has a three week break.  Last week started her Fall break and due to a misunderstanding on our part we were left without child care for the first two of those three weeks.  We've been able to piece it together, due in large part to the support of Grandma Jo, Grandma Marilyn and some very generous neighbors and friends.  

Today I took a vacation day - Ava and I puttered around the house this morning, ran some errands and got our hair cut.  But I had some things at the office that I wasn't able to get to yesterday and had to be done before I leave for Washington,DC tomorrow, so off to the Capitol we went. Ava was such a tropper. She tucked herself into a corner of my office with 'two' (her beloved blanket), Mousie, a Happy Meal and "Camp Rock" on her portable DVD player... I barely heard a peep from her.  I got my work done, we paid a quick visit to Papa Ray and went to pick up her sister.  What a peach!

These photos were taken with my BlackBerry camera, so they're a little grainy, but still pretty cute!


























1 comment:

Hilary said...

Watch out! She might think going to work is all fun and no work!

Glad it worked out for both of you.