From time to time I see these small reminders of how we, as parents, teach our children all the time. I'm sure on Saturday morning, while I was at work and Ava was in Kansas City, John didn't intend to spark something in Amelia. While they were on John's weekly run to the hardware store John picked up a new birdfeeder and gourmet bird food. They came home, filled the feeder and hung it outside our kitchen window.
Soon every bird in the vicinity got word of the new hot dining spot... Now Amelia loves to look out the window and see the 'birdies eat all my food...' By Monday the feeder was nearly empty so Amelia and John filled it back up.
How sweet those few moments were watching them do this simple thing. Made even sweeter as I thought of my Grandpa Roy, who never knew my girls, but who loved birds. He would have loved to be a part of this....
No comments:
Post a Comment