Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I guess it skips a generation

Grandma Marilyn is here for the week, taking care of Ava during her Spring Break. She brought her sewing machine and is teaching Ava to use it. After two days she already sews better than I do. My mother is very good with the sewing machine, so is my Grandma Jane but I am not. I can barely sew on a button. Ava is so thoughtful with it. She knows all the steps, pays close attention, sits up tall and takes her time. She's such an old soul, a tender heart, a wonderful little girl....









Of course Amelia absolutely cannot.be.left.out. We had planned for her to spend a couple of days this week at child care to give Grandma Marilyn a break and give Ava the chance to have some one on one time. Daylight savings time and the end of the legislative session is condensing our morning schedule a bit, so she's been butting in Ava's business the last two days. Here's Amelia, who was very insistent that I take her picture while I was trying to take Ava's picture. She's modeling her (self-selected) outfit. It's a keeper!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

I honestly wish I knew how to sew. Marilyn's tried to teach me, but I just don't seem to get it!

Love Amelia's outfit.