Monday, March 1, 2010

Signs of Spring

Have I mentioned how much we are all longing for Spring? Yeah.... I know. But this weekend we had a tiny preview, a promise that Spring may actually arrive. It was 38 and sunny Sunday and Ava got it in her head that she was going to tackle the bump at the end of our driveway. The solid bump of ice, snow, sand and gunk deposited by the snow plow and packed down by us driving over it every day. She worked and worked at it for more than an hour....









She had a little bit of help to finish up, but now our driveway is perfectly clear....









Oh, and I bought a bike. My good friend and bike consultant Bill helped me navigate the annual Bike World warehouse sale. I ended up getting a terrific deal on the bicycle I rented for last year's triathlon. It turns out a new bicycle is just as exciting at 38 as it is when you are a kid.











1 comment:

Hilary said...

Jealous! Jealous! Jealous! Those were great bikes! I still need to figure out what I'm doing. Pressure's on I guess.