Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Birthday Girl

Sunday night we celebrated Amelia's 3rd birthday with a family dinner of chicken stew with biscuits. I wanted to make her a birthday cake, but she was fixated on the idea of a Dora cake from Hy-Vee.... the birthday girl gets what the birthday girl wants, especially when the birthday girls is Amelia.

I love this picture of Amelia and Meghan....









Blowing out the candles....









Sunday was a beautiful day and all the neighborhood kids were out playing. We told families through the day that we would have cake around 6:30pm. So at the appointed time John opened the sliding glass door and yelled 'we've got cake' and a dozen kids descended on our house to sing happy birthday and demolish the cake.

I can hardly believe Amelia is three. Toddlerhood is falling off her in large chunks as she becomes a full fledged big girl. Amelia is mighty. I love her husky little voice. She is fast and strong, but oh so cuddly. One of the very best parts about being a mom is getting know little people like Amelia.


1 comment:

Hilary said...

I love how it looks like she's smiling as she's blowing out her candles! What a sweet girl she is.

And I love how you fed the neighbor kids the cake! Great way to get rid of it. I would have eaten all myself!