Thursday, August 5, 2010

Camp Grandma ** Edited **


Grandma Marilyn has come to spend the week and oh what a week it has been. We are so grateful that the girls get this time, at home, with their Grandma as summer races by. They've been to the pool (twice) the balloon field, the park, Wal-Mart (twice), Target, the grocery store (every day)....

Amelia is in the process of dropping her nap. She still sort of kind of needs one. But they are often short and when they are not she has a hard time falling asleep at night. On days she doesn't have a nap dinner time can be kind of rough. After a busy day today that included two hours at the pool, (but no nap) we needed to get Miss Amelia registered for tumbling plus get Ava to tennis, then soccer. Poor Amelia just couldn't hold it together.

Meltdown.

Timeout.

Pull it back together. Off to tumbling registration.

In the car on the way home she says in her sweet, husky, tired voice:

"Momma, I know binkies are just for night time (don't judge me) but can I have a binkie and a Dora when I get home? It will help me settle down."










Aaahhhh.... so much better.

Ava's with Grandma at all her practices, John is at work, Amelia is tucked into her nest on the couch with her binkie, her blankie and her Dora. So far what passes for dinner is a banana and some Goldfish crackers. I'm just trying to get her to 7:30pm before she falls asleep!

** Edited **

Too late....













3 comments:

mmoorlach said...

holy cow she looks so old... how can she have grown up so much in only 4 months??

Hilary said...

Ah, how I love the dropping the nap stage!

Gma Marilyn said...

Oh, so much fun!! I am now resting up, however!! :)