Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Happy New Year!

There's something about the start of school that feels as new-years-ish to me as the actual turning of the calendar. For the past week or so I've felt my attention turn to Fall. We've had a great, albeit busy summer. But I'm ready for school to start, for the routine it brings to our days. I'm ready for jeans and new boots, cooler temps. Last weekend I ran the YWCA Triathlon, but the Twin Cities marathon looms large on the horizon this Fall.

Last night was Ava's school open house. Her school has moved buildings this year and John took her to see the new space. Her school is set up on a framework of multi-year classrooms, so she has the same teacher this year. Mrs. Gerstell has been a wonderful teacher for Ava and she is very excited for another year with her. The new space is reportedly lovely and Ava is very excited for school to start tomorrow.

Reuniting with Mrs. Gerstell... Who's more excited?!


2 comments:

Gma Marilyn said...

This looks REALLY EXCITING to me!
So, as I write this,I am wondering how the first day was!! Love, Gma

Hilary said...

Happy 3rd grade, Ava!