Monday, August 8, 2011

Bahh-ston

So a bit of an unintentional blogging hiatus.... But I'm back! With even more trip pictures! At least it's a different trip this time. Last week/weekend I had a work conference in Boston and John decided to tag along. My folks were kind enough to keep the girls for what sounds like a 4 day party complete with ice cream for breakfast.

I worked quite a bit on this little mini-break, but we managed to squeeze in some fun. Our first night in Boston we went to Fenway Park to see the Red Sox lose to the Cleveland Indians. Even though you can't really tell where we are - here's a picture of me and John enjoying the game.... it really was a lot of fun....










Perhaps the very best part of our time in Boston was a guest appearance by Meghan. She drove up Saturday morning for a too short, but very fun visit. The fabulous Miss Meghan - in an out of order pic - enjoying some Sangria in a tapas restaurant on Newbury Street....













John, snapped by Meghan, waiting for the T after coffee and a visit to the Harvard co-op....













Me and Meghan at Long Wharf....










So John found a whale watching boat that offered short-ish excursions to see whales. John and Meghan were beside themselves watching the wales. I was beside myself with an epic bout of motion sickness. I believe I've probably been on my last boat. (It was really that bad) I couldn't even enjoy/internalize/appreciate the experience of seeing whales this up close and in person. Good thing John shot some video with his phone to help me jog my memory....

2 comments:

Hilary said...

I love the classic Boston buildings in the background of the cute picture of Meghan. I'm with you on the sea-sickness. It was all I could do to watch the video without getting dizzy. Seriously.

Gma Marilyn said...

I love the pics!! The water looks "BIG"! I am sorry about the motion sickness, Kate! But glad you had fun the rest of the time!