Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Fail?

Ava has an iPod, which she alternately uses constantly, then ignores.  She's in the "uses constantly" phase right now.  And Amelia, being Amelia, is totally jealous. Tonight she is listening to my iPod shuffle (and sharing with her sister) and I'm wishing I wasn't done Christmas shopping.  Should I have gotten her an iPod instead of a Nintendo DS that she's been asking for since June?  Music feels like a more redeeming value than video games....



Overheard:

Amelia had kind of a bumpy landing into home tonight.  She was whiney, fussy and had a total meltdown when I wouldn't drop what I was doing (cooking dinner) to get her what she needed (a birthday gift bag from her closet - huh?).

As I was sitting down to post this to the blog she said, " Do you like how me and and Ava are playing really nice and not bickering?  I'm not talking about when I threw a fit, I'm talking about AFTER that."


No comments: