Saturday, December 24, 2011

Taking Leave of Our Senses?

This week an email arrived in my in-box - here's the first line:


This January, forget typical New Year resolutions. Don't make a promise you can't keep. Make a pact with yourself to run for life. On 01/02/12, apply for the ING New York City Marathon 2012.


So I forwarded it to John, without comment.  Here's his reply:


LOL -- Wanna go for it? Love, J-


So I said:


Leave it to the fates to decide if we run a marathon next year? Love, K-


He replied:


Feeling like Thelma and Louise, but ok!


To which I pointed out the obvious:


Except you're not a girl....  It would be the perfect race to celebrate the two months I'm 40 while you're 50. We'll let the universe and the New York Road Runner's Club lottery decide.


Only about a third of the people who apply for the New York Marathon get in each year.  It doesn't seem likely that both John and I would both get in, but it is fun to think about!

No comments: