Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Grandma Marilyn!

We get to have Grandma Marilyn here for her birthday and we had all kinds of fun today making a special meal to honor her birthday!  The tireless Grandma Marilyn spent the day playing with the girls.  Here she works on a ONE HUNDRED PIECE PUZZLE with Ava and Amelia...



Somehow I have it my head that Grandma Marilyn's favorite cake is pineapple upside down cake.  After several attempts I believe I have found THE recipe, here.  Ignore the sloppy caramel and marvel at the pineapple, caramel-y goodness....  


Happy Birthday tooooooo yoooooouuuuuu.....


An assist from Amelia....


And here's Orbit patiently waiting after dinner for his evening cuddle....



Worth every single dirty dish - especially these scalloped potatoes!


1 comment:

Gma Marilyn said...

YES, IT WAS INDEED A GREAT BIRTHDAY FOR ME!! Thanks so much for the gifts, the delicious food, and the hugs!! I loved every minute!