We are easing back into a routine after a delightful Winter's break. Ava started back to school today, a federal holiday (and what has to be a major foul on the part of someone at the Des Moines Public Schools) so John worked a short day while she was at school. Amelia and I saw Grandma Marilyn off and spent the day grocery shopping, having lunch and generally puttering around the house.
Amelia asked to make my favorite cookies, peanut butter blossoms. I am hardly immune from the New Year's resolutions to eat better. Mostly because I feel like I spent much of the month of December on a no-carb-left-behind tour. But Amelia protested saying "we always make cookies when we are home together!" And she's right, we do. So we made cookies...
Peeling the wrappers...
"Mom, I organized all the chocolates!"
Final touch!



1 comment:
Yum, one of my favorites, too! Seriously, Ava had school today?!
Post a Comment