The kids loved cuddling in for TV, games and movies... including Ava who looks a little dazed in this picture.
Orbit found a new friend in Luke, especially at mealtime!
Amelia and Adam, solving the puzzle...
Saturday morning, with a big assist from Papa Ray, Grandma Jo and Grandma Marilyn, Brian, Hilary, John and I ran the Living History Farms cross country race. It was the most fun I can remember having! We ran through corn fields, crossed the creek (8 times) and scrambled up muddy embankments. We stayed together as a group and I was honestly sad when the race was over!
Saturday night the whole crew went to Bambino's for dinner. On a busy Saturday night we enjoyed some hearty dinner and the kids did a nice job of managing a somewhat long wait for our food to arrive. The yummy rolls helped! When our food arrived our dinners were accompanied by some of the biggest spoons I've seen set aside for eating - Ava models....
For breakfast Sunday morning I made the Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls. I have made these a couple of times, but think I finally have the process down and this batch turned out great! Up while the rest of the house was still snoozing I rolled out the dough, then doused it in butter, a lot of butter....
The rolls proofing....
The final product... with some to share...
We've looked forward to this weekend for quite awhile and here on Monday morning, now that it's over and Grandma Marilyn is packing up to head home we all feel a little sad....


2 comments:
We had such a great time! Thanks for taking the 6 of us in. It all worked out so well! The kids played great, the weather cooperated, the race was a blast, all of the food was delicious....a wonderful weekend away for us!
All of the above!! plus it was so GREAT to be with all of you, including being with Meghan again!!I did miss Lane being there especially when we played "Kings Corner". And who won "Crazy Eights?"
Post a Comment