No one likes a complainer. And everyone works hard. Everyone has busy times, hectic times, things that take them away from their routines and their loved ones. Even so, I am coming off a week of work travel that has left me exhausted and homesick. All I want to do is put on my soft pants and not leave the house for about 10 days. I want to pot on the couch with my people and my pup and watch movies and cook comfort food. I am hoping a good night's sleep will leave me ready to face a new work week that will show up tomorrow morning even though I haven't had an actual weekend.
While I was at a Board meeting in Mason City John and the girls were holding down the fort and getting the house ready for our new sink and our new counter tops. John sent me little texts, pictures, little love notes from home that both made me happy and intensified my homesickness. A sampling...
Amelia, such a big helper, cleaning up and getting ready for the sink installation which happened on Saturday....
The text that accompanied this picture was, "I know this makes you very sad..." Notsomuch!
Installing the new sink, an apron front farmer's sink that is big and wonderful!
A test run from the girls!! Next up, the counter tops!
Ava the fabulous!
My aunties were in town this weekend while I was away and I was so sorry to miss them. During dinner Saturday night this photo arrived from my Aunt Janet, who took the girls to their secret pond... a nice walk from my parent's house.
I am so grateful to be home where I belong.





No comments:
Post a Comment